Monday, July 16, 2007

Tonight's Mission and other Stuff

I'm still getting last minute items ready for the convention. Tonight I'm painting 4 Stalwart Bug Field Generators and 4 Mobile Infantry. I actually have enough Mobile Infantry but I've got more than one color scheme. Rather than mix my brown armored troopers into my green armored Roughneck platoon, I'm making up 4 new troopers to fill out that platoon. Some of my brown "veterans" will be staying home. Then I've got to sort out into containers the separate forces with their unit cards.

Ebay has been a recent boon. I've got 2 more box sets of the SST game headed my way for about $35 each with shipping. Not bad considering that works out to less than a dollar a figure, plus the rulebook and some more dice. One can never have enough 6 and 10 sided dice and black is one of my favorite die colors. I also got a good deal on the Mobile Infantry Micro Platforms set. I had already bought the weapons separate from the crew as a bits order from Mongoose last year, so I didn't really need them but I decided I wanted to have the kneeling pose variety of the gunners. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on some other auctions..

Something else I won recently were some old Prince August molds for French and British Napoleonic cannon. They were about $8 each. I plan to attempt making naval gun carriages and using the barrels from the molds to make ship guns for a scratch built 25mm pirate ship. This probably won't be until Fall. I've also got ot get my 25mm Foundry Pirates painted. And of course any number of more attractive projects could come along and scuttle the whole idea..

No comments: