Saturday, July 7, 2007

Building Bug Canyon Part III

It's been just over a week since last time I checked in. I'm essentially done with the terrain. Last weekend I completely covered the board sections in the brown basecoat. This past week I experimented with using crackle medium for a faux painting effect on the top of the terrain. I wasn't happy with the initial color I tried. It was too light and not brown enough in comparison to the basecoat. I settled on using a Rustoleum color called Nutmeg. This was brushed over the crackle medium the following evening and I really liked the effect. I also used this color to roughly drybrush the sides of the terrain. Tonight I went over the sides with the Nutmeg and also applied matte clearcoat to the crackle effect to keep it safe. Didn't get a chance to take pictures tonight. I'll be posting some more pictures soon, but here are some pictures I took earlier in the week. (The whole board before drybrushing on the top, some Roughnecks on the crackle effect on the bottom):

No comments: