Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Bug Canyon Battle Report

Dexcon two weeks ago was a blast.

I'm a bit late in posting my battle reports, but real life often gets in the way of a good time :)

I did post game 1 with pics and a link to a slideshow over on the Mongoose Forum HERE

I haven't had time to post my second Starship Troopers game yet. Here are a few pics from the second game. The Mobile Infantry had a more difficult game. There were Bugs everywhere and the Plasma Bugs game objectives were never in any real threat.





















I also ran a 28mm Weird World War Two game with Victory Force miniatures. Below are some pictures from that game. I'd post more but my camera settings were off. I should spend the time to read the manual...

The Americans got shot up pretty bad by German mortars but the Germans had some unfortunate dice rolls which included their elite night fighting squad routing in the face of an American tank, and later an explosive dog caught in a mortar attack blew up causing a chain reaction in the special canine squad that resulted ina a blown up halftrack nearby..in the end the Americans were flanking the Germans making their defensive line untenable.

























The second game of Weird WWII didn't get run but I liked the terrain placement better:














I also had planned to run a ShockForce game on that Sunday. It was setup along with two of the eight factions I planned to use shown- JC Figures' New Eden Militia and Spriggan's Spugs with some old school 40K Zoats as mercenary allies. But sadly the game was not run due to lack of players on a Sunday morning.


































So I packed up my Shockforce game and I got into an afternoon game of B5:ACtA and had a great time maneuvering 2 Whitestar ships around against 4 other players and their 2 ships each in a last player standing game. I made a non-aggression pact with another player and it came down to the two of us dueling it out in the end. My dice finally failed and my last ship was vaporized but I had a great time. Sorry no pictures of that..

No comments: