Saturday, July 14, 2007

Crunch time!!

This past week has flown by. I got a few more things done. Wednesday night I took a break to hand out with some gaming buddies at The Only Game in Town, aka TOGIT. I showed up early and ran a playtest of my Starship Troopers WASP platoon. It was a quick game and then everyone broke out into 1 on 1 games of Warmachine. I spent the time BS-ing with some of the other guys and before I knew it.. it was time to go home. One of my buddies gave me a nice resin Sci-fi dropship that is just perfect for some 15mm Sci-fi figures I've got. I'll showcase those in some later post when I have time to take some good pictures.

This past week I also went about laminating some unit cards for my Starship Troopers games. I might be wasting my time ultimately since the new version of the game is due out sometime August or later. They will still serve me well for the time being..

Dexcon is next weekend. That means I'm busy putting all my stuff together for the convention. I'm running 3 different types of games across 4 days so I have to plan my packing strategy. Thursday and Friday night's Weird WWII game items are for the most part already packed. I did that earlier today. I was also reviewing my SST stuff and found some things that need to be touched up or repaired. Not a big deal. I also picked up extra tote bins for some of the terrain pieces for my Bug Canyon boards. I still need to gather all my factions for the Shockforce game. All in all I think I'm on track to be ready.

I also got some painting done today. It was scenery, not miniatures. Crescent Root Studios makes awesome 25/28mm scale resin Middle Eastern buildings.

http://www.crescent-root.com/

I have 4 buildings, 2 towers, and an assortment of walls and gates to use for fantasy gaming. My Blackblood Orcs and Goblins will have a nice fortified village or I can use it as a desert town for a Pulp style adventure skirmish game.

No comments: