Wednesday, June 20, 2007

June 20th, 2007

I got a little bit of gaming stuff done today. One of my current miniature gaming passions is the Starship Troopers miniatures game by Mongoose Publishing.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/

Anyway..I've been hoarding figures for both the Arachnid and Human armies. Yesterday I received the support missile set for the Mobile Infantry and today I worked on getting them assembled. These are multipiece metal models and required a fair amount of fiddling around to get them assembled without gluing my fingers together.

I also started work on a large terrain board for a game I'm running at an upcoming convention. It will be 4'x16' when finished. I hope to post a few work in progress shots as work on this advances more. So far I've just been cutting a lot of pink insulation foam. The end effect I hope to achieve is a look reminiscent of a dried lake bed except that the cracks are deep and wide enough for figures to move within during the game.

No comments: